I am part of this neat recipe swap that involves trading recipes with other bloggers and making them as is. Now, normally I don’t ever use marshmallows, or boxed cereal, or food coloring; but in the spirit of having fun, being a part of this, and doing something different, I did. You can see the original recipe here.
And, now I give you
Cornflake Wreath Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 cups corn flake cereal
- 1 tsp green food coloring
- cinnamon red hots
- Melt butter and marshmallows together in a large pot,
- Remove from heat, add extracts, food coloring and cereal.
- Mix gently to combine without breaking up the cereal.
- Place on a sheet of waxed paper, and form into wreaths.
- Decorate with red hot candy.
The cookies themselves were fairly good, to be honest. My kids liked them, and we had a blast sharing them with our neighbors!