The Perfect Pumpkin Pie
Making the perfect pumpkin pie begins with a light and flaky crust, and then moves on to the delicious creamy, pumpkiny filling. Bake at the right temps, and you have a golden circle of yumminess that can only be topped by whipped cream!
Here’s how to make that perfect pie crust:
Start by making your dough. I used this recipe here. The trick really is to let it get nice and chilled so that rolling it out is easier.
Carefully, push the edges into place in the plate, cut off the outer edges, and flute with a fork. Fill with pumpkin pie insides (recipe to follow). Add a little flourish (like a gingerbread man) with remaining pie crust.
- 1 15oz can of pumpkin (or 11/2 cups fresh)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmet
- 2 eggs
- 112 oz. can evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix sugar and spices in small bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, and mix in pumpkin.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Stir in the sugar and spices.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes, then turn down the heat to 350° and bake for another 45 minutes.
- Remove pie and cool on a wire rack.