Are you ready for some BAAAA-CON??? My kids practically BEG for bacon bolognese weekly! You can use dried pasta, like elbows (pictured here) or you can use homemade fettuccine noodles as well. Both are awesome in this! I don’t eat pork, so I use turkey bacon, but you could easily add pork bacon if you desire.
- 1 lb. bacon cut into lardon strips
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 32 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 16 oz package Mueller’s elbow macaroni
- Begin by heating up water to boil in a large pot. Add salt and oil.
- In a separate pot, heat 1 tsp olive oil.
- Add the bacon and fry until crisp.
- Remove the bacon, set aside and add onions and garlic to saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, seasonings, and bring to a simmer.
- Cook pasta according to al dente directions (about 7 minutes) and drain.
- Add to sauce in pot.
- Stir bacon back in with the noodles.
- Add 1/2 cup of the cheese and mix in.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes at 350°
Heather’s homesteading journey started in 2006, with baby steps: first, she got a few raised beds, some chickens, and rabbits. Over the years, she amassed a wealth of homesteading knowledge, knowledge that you can find in the articles of this blog.