We love Italian food. Fresh pasta, covered with creamy sauces are comfort food in my home.
All things pasta are always on the menu around my house. To be honest, it’s one of those things I could still buy at the store and not feel too guilty about. However it’s so much more nutritious to make your own homemade egg noodles. The bonus of making your own homemade egg noodles is that YOU control the ingredients. You don’t have to worry about having wondering if you have enough or not for that meal. With homemade pasta, you can make as much or as little as you need.
Making homemade noodles from scratch is an easy thing to master, really.
Believe it or not, there are not a lot of special skills required to make it. It’s quick and easy, and can provide dinner in a matter of minutes. Just watch and see how it easy it really is. You can also make it in advance and hang it to dry on a hanger or put it in a dehydrator to save for later, too!
This homemade pasta is similar in flavor and texture to the Amish egg noodles you can find in bulk food stores. Except it’s homemade in your own kitchen!
Homemade Noodle Recipe:
- 3 cups semolina flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- Start by adding eggs, oil and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add flour one cup at a time.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Add water by 1/4 size cup until it comes together as a thick dough.
- Allow to rest.
- Cut into 8 equal sized pieces.
- Using 1 piece at a time, roll out until 1/4″ thick, either by hand or with the pasta roller.
- Cut into strips with pasta cutter or pizza cutter if doing by hand.
- Set aside on a plate and continue with remaining pieces.
How to cook egg noodles that are fresh:
- bring 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil
- Add 2 teaspoons salt to water.
- Place homemade pasta into boiling water, carefully to avoid splashing.
- Boil noodles until al dente, about 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta in colander.
- Serve immediately.
Ingredients for the Alfredo Sauce:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces shredded parmesean cheese
To make the sauce:
- Finely mince the garlic.
- In a heavy bottomed skillet, begin to melt the butter. You want the butter to melt, but not burn.
- Add the garlic to the melted butter and sautee for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cream into the garlic butter and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly to keep from burning on the bottom.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the grated parmesean cheese and continue to simmer for an additional 15 minutes to allow cheese to melt and sauce to thicken.
- Pour hot sauce over fresh noodles and enjoy!
Do you make your own homemade pasta? BE SURE TO PIN THIS TO FIND LATER!