Stop the itching and soothe your dry skin with these skin nourishing, super easy, hard lotion bars!
Have you ever had skin that was so dry it itches? When you scratched the itch, did you possibly leave marks on your skin? Or worse, break the skin due to the dryness?
There are many reasons that you may have severely dry skin:
- Washing dishes frequently
- Cleaning with harsh chemicals
- Poor diet
- Thyroid issues
If you experience that severe dry skin, you may reach for a bottle of lotion. However, a bottle of lotion from the store may only give you temporary relief. Your skin may not be fully nourished with what it needs to completely heal.
When I lived in Arizona, I would constantly be slathering lotion on due to the lack of moisture in the air. The heat, low humidity, and sunshine all made my skin dry and needing lots of love. Over the counter, drugstore beauty products never seemed to be enough for me. I needed something that my skin could drink in, and stop the painful itching that comes with dry skin.
These simple lotion bars may help solve that problem. With skin nourishing tallow from grass fed cows, and healing essential oils, your skin can experience a renewal and soothing like never before. Coconut oil and beeswax combine to make a perfect, hard bar you can take anywhere with you. DIY lotion bars are perfect for yourself, or as a gift. They make a great massage tool as well.
To make homemade lotion bars, first, gather all your ingredients.
You will need:
Super simple lotion bars recipe:
- In a heat-proof bowl or in a double boiler, add the oils and beeswax.
- Heat on medium high heat until all the oil is melted.
- Pour all the melted oil in molds. Some mold ideas are old muffin tins, a soap mold, or a long plastic drawer organizer.
- Allow to cool slightly, then add your essential oils.
- Cool completely, then remove from the mold and store in a covered container.
- During high heat or humidity, store the lotion bars in the fridge to keep from melting completely and to have a cooling lotion bar for your skin.
Essential oil blends to try for your lotion bars:
Want an herbal lotion bar with even more skin renewing benefits? Try infusing your coconut oil with these herbs first:
Other oils you can try instead of coconut oil:
- Jojoba (known for anti-inflammatory properties)
- Shea butter (for making a thicker bar with more skin renewing properties)
- Grapeseed oil (for those with a nut allergy)
- Olive oil (will make a nice lotion bar, but may be more greasy to some)
- Avocado Oil (absorbs quickly into the skin, without a residue)
To use the lotion bars:
Gently rub bar over your skin. Your body will cause the lotion to soften and melt. Just a few moments, and the lotion is ready to absorb into your skin. Just a little bit of lotion is all that is needed for soft, smooth, supple skin.
Do you make your own lotion bars? Will you try this recipe? Be sure to pin this to your favorite board for later!
Get your copy today by clicking here