Need a healthy treat on the run? Try these gluten free, dairy free apricot oat bars for delicious, gluten free snacking! Healthy enough for breakfast, too!
Coming up with fun and tasty creations for your family to sample can be one of life’s greatest pleasures. Making food is one way that many of us speak our family’s love language. Having an easy treat that you can make in less than 30 minutes, and will be a hit with all your family is important, right?
Made with real food ingredients, being gluten free and dairy free is a plus!
I give you these apricot oat bars.
With only 5 simple ingredients, you can be the after school snack hero. Receive accolades at your next party, gathering or school bake sale. They are that good.
My family enjoys these immensely, and they are 100% Frenchman approved. The Frenchman is rather picky about his desserts, and treats, so when he says they are “Gooo-oood”, then I know it’s a winner. You can use store bought apricot jam, home canned apricot jam or home canned apricots if you would like. This will also help you control the ingredients and added sugar even more.
Gluten Free Dairy-Free Apricot Oat Bars
- 1 cup Baking Mix
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 8 ounces apricot jam
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add gluten free flour, oats, baking powder and coconut sugar to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine
- Melt the coconut oil by placing jar into a warm water bath. Measure in liquid form.
- Pour coconut oil over flour and oat mixture and mix until blended and moist. Mixture may be a bit crumbly.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of an UNgreased 8×8 pan.
- Spoon apricot jam over the top.
- Crumble remaining oat and flour mixture over the top of the jam.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight covered container for 3-4 days on the counter or cut into squares and freeze individually for later.
These are terrific for breakfast, snack or for taking on the road! Are you ready to try these? Be sure to pin this for later, too!
Heather’s homesteading journey started in 2006, with baby steps: first, she got a few raised beds, some chickens, and rabbits. Over the years, she amassed a wealth of homesteading knowledge, knowledge that you can find in the articles of this blog.
2 thoughts on “Apricot Oat Bars (Gluten Free & Dairy Free Options)”
These look so yummy! They’d be a great alternative for breakfast for those who don’t want just plain oatmeal, but still want to save money compared to gluten free cereals.
These look so good and really easy to make! Thank you!