I know, right?? Who knew that Velveeta cheese (or the “off brand” as shown here) would be the base of this candy?
Melt 1/2 lb. of the cheese with 2 sticks of butter on medium heat.
In a large bowl, mix together 32 oz of powdered sugar (yes, please weigh this for accuracy) with 1/2 cup of the cocoa powder. Stir to get out any lumps.
Mix the melted butter and cheese into the sugar/cocoa blend. It’ll get really stiff really quick. Add one teaspoon of vanilla as you are stirring.
Place the candy mixture into a greased 9×13 pan and press down with your hands. Let “set” for at least an hour before cutting…if you can.
- 1/2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 32 oz powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Melt the Velveeta and butter together over medium heat.
- Mix the powdered sugar and cocoa powder together in a large bowl, stirring to remove any lumps.
- Carefully pour the melted cheese and butter into the sugar mix, and add vanilla.
- Candy will get stiff quickly.
- Press into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Let set for an hour before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g