Sunshine is a good thing. When the weather is mild, you want to make the most of it by being at the beach, or the park, or in the garden. Having enough sun is vital for Vitamin D production in your body.
Too much sun can lead to a nasty sunburn. Even in the coldest of winters, sunburn can happen. All it takes is having your skin exposed to the sun’s rays for extended periods of time and the result is red, itchy skin that is painful to the touch. No clothing can come near it, and even being in a warm room can seem like torture.
That’s what this sunburn relief lotion is for. It’ll help soothe that sunburned skin. I think it’s the best sunburn relief lotion.
What helps best with sunburn is prevention. There ARE some ways to avoid sunburn such as:
- Wearing a hat to shield your head, neck and ears.
- Wear light colored clothing to repel rays
- Stay out of the sun during the most intense hours of 10AM to 2 PM
Of course, getting out of the sun during the intense hours may not always be convenient. You may have ball games to attend, be at the beach, or even have to work outside. Clothing such as tank tops or shorts can leave skin exposed. Even the best sunscreen on the market may not offer full protection.
If you have had too much sun exposure you may find yourself with pink tinged, or even red skin.
What that means is that your skin is burned. It will be red, inflammed, and often very painful. This soothing sunburn relief lotion is just what you need.
What does sunburn relief lotion do? It will help soothe inflammed, burned skin. It will help prevent peeling by keeping the skin hydrated.
Here are the ingredients to make your own sunburn relief lotion.
- Chamomile is great for soothing inflammed skin.
- Aloe helps to refresh, replenish and hydrate skin.
- Coconut oil helps to soothe and soften sunburned skin.
- Shea butter helps soften and rehydrate skin.
- Beeswax helps to hold it all together with a light, refreshing scent.
- Lavender essential oil calms and soothes both you and your skin! It’s great for soothing burns!
Together, they combine to make a wonderful sunburn relief lotion that you can use on infants to adults. Here’s how to create it for yourself, Ingredients you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 Tablespoons shea butter
- 1/2 cup dried chamomile
- 4 Tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 6 Tablespoons beeswax
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
Directions for putting it all together:
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a heat safe dish, add the chamomile, melted shea butter and coconut oil.
- Place inside the oven for 2 hours to allow the oil to infuse.
- Strain the herbs from the oil. Toss the herbs in the garbage.
- In the same oven safe dish, add the infused oil and beeswax.
- Put back into the oven to allow to melt together.
- Remove from the oven, and stir in aloe vera and essential oil.
- Pour into molds, or ice cube trays.
- Allow to cool completely before use.
To use this soothing sunburn lotion, rub lotion bar over sunburn. The bars will melt with body heat. Apply as often as you need to help relive and soothe sunburned skin. Store in the fridge for an additional cooling effect. Can be stored for up to 6 weeks. Remember to drink plenty of liquids as well to keep yourself, and your skin well hydrated.