Need something ooey, gooey and melt in your mouth chocolatey? This Ultimate Brownie Recipe that were my mother’s specialty will be the best recipe you have ever tried!
HI, my name is Heather and I am a brownie addict.
I love a good pan of brownies. As a matter of fact, I enjoy them so much, I rarely make them, otherwise I would eat them all by myself without sharing, maybe even growing and barking if someone went to close to the pan of chocolatey goodness.
Have you ever had a hankering for the ultimate brownie and had so many ideas to choose from, you couldn’t make up your mind? Here’s the last recipe you will ever need. It is soft, moist and chewy, yet oh so good. Maybe too good. You might want to consider making them for your next gathering so you don’t eat the whole pan yourself.
Or go ahead and eat the whole pan, I won’t judge. Adding on coconut cream frosting will give you another delicious layer of chocolatey goodness. However, you CAN skip the frosting. Not sure why you would want to, but it’s your call.
Ingredients for the brownies:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
Ingredients for the Coconut Cream Frosting
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
Instructions for brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder in a medium sized bowl and mix together.
- In a mixer on medium speed, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add eggs one at at time, mixing well after each addition.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients with the milk, mixing after each addition.
- Bake in 350° oven for 20-22 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely and frost.
Instructions for frosting
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together coconut sugar and cocoa powder.
- Stir completely to remove any lumps.
- Add the coconut cream and vanilla and whip vigorously for 1 minute to combine.
- Chill for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Frost brownies and enjoy!
What is your favorite brownie recipe? Will you try these next? Want some more delicious brownie recipes to try? Check out this list here!
Heather’s homesteading journey started in 2006, with baby steps: first, she got a few raised beds, some chickens, and rabbits. Over the years, she amassed a wealth of homesteading knowledge, knowledge that you can find in the articles of this blog.