Having the option to have pancakes at the ready is a great way to have a quick, easy meal on those mornings (or evenings!) when you don’t have time or energy for much else.
The premade mixes at the store are full of preservatives and other things you may not want your family to have, and it’s so easy to make your own.
Premade Pancake Mix
- 12 cups of whole wheat pastry flour, or a combination of white/wheat
- 2 Tablespoons of baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 4 Tablespoons sugar (sucanat, organic cane juice, other dry form of sweetener)
Mix the above ingredients and store in a tightly closed container. I put mine in a gallon sized glass jar on my pantry shelves. Use within 6 weeks.
To use the mix
- 2 cups of the premade mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk (I normally use buttermilk)
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter, or coconut oil
Mix the wet ingredients together, and then mix in gently with the dry until just mixed.
You will want your batter to be lumpy. Preheat your griddle and pour 1/4 cup per pancake. Cook until the cake looks dry on the edges and has bubbles all over the middle, approximately 1 minute. Flip, and cook another minute until cooked through. Serve with butter, peanut butter, maple syrup and/or fruit!
You will love this mix to take along on camping trips.
It’s also perfect for those busy mornings, or when your kids want to help make breakfast. The mix fixes up quick and easy!