Every so often, we have eggs for dinner. They are easy to make, cheap, and quite abundant for us this time of year, as a dozen eggs is just as close as our backyard. Having said that, I don’t like to make just scrambled or fried eggs all the time. I like to try and mix it up once in a while. Here’s my recipe for what we had last week, a sausage frittata. It’s loaded with potatoes, cheese, sausage (we used chicken) and eggs to make a hearty meal any time of day!
- 1 DOZ. EGGS
- 5 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 packages chicken sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 2 stalks celery, diced fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Begin by sauteing the onion, garlic, and celery in 2 Tbsp. coconut oil for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add sliced sausages and stir gently until heated through.
- In a 9x13 pan that is greased with coconut oil, layer the potatoes and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Add the sausage mixture and spread over the potatoes evenly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and milk together until well blended.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese to the egg mixture and pour over sausage layer.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until browned and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving: